About the position
Our team is passionate about making delicious, sustainable, and creative food for guests with the highest-quality, regionally sourced ingredients. Currently, we’re on the search for an enthusiastic and excellent baker-cook to support our commissary work.
- ECR recipes to life daily, following the recipes and methods prescribed to ensure our food is consistently delicious.
- High-volume baking, cooking, and prep with great attention to detail maintaining ongoing awareness of ingredients as our recipes change with seasons and menu updates.
- Portion, package, and pack out our culinary creations with great care and attention to detail, ensuring that orders are ready by pack-out deadlines and deliveries to match retail orders.
- Support your teammates in keeping the kitchen running smoothly by communicating effectively, collaborating, and pitching in wherever is needed.
- Ensure your station and equipment are tip-top, constantly cleaning as you go.
- Ensure sanitation practices are maintained to protect our culinary creations and guests.
- Always utilize FIFO (First In, First Out) and properly store food products.
- Thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Work in a close physical space with your teammates.
- Arrive on time and ready for your shift, and always work efficiently.
- Monitor inventory and collaborate with the Leader to ensure the accuracy and availability of supplies.
- Be able to walk, bend, and stand for extended periods.
- Reliable and consistent—your teammates can always depend on you to be punctual and professional.
- Thoughtful and able to anticipate our guests’ needs.
- Excited about taking on new experiences and possess a can-do attitude.
- Passionate about coffee, food, and creating inclusive hospitality experiences.
You'll need experience with
- 2+ years of experience working in a professional kitchen
- A thorough understanding of how to safely, responsibly use and clean equipment.
- A deep love for food, exceptional customer experiences, and great coffee.
- Basic math and writing skills.
- Laminate baking experience a plus.
- The ability to stand, walk, and sit for long periods (at least 8 hours per day and five days per week).
- The use of hands to handle or feel and the ability to reach with hands and arm.
- The ability to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The ability to squat, bend, twist, and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders.
- The ability to lift, push/pull, carry or move up to 30 kilos.
- The ability to listen and speak.
- The ability to climb ladders, stairs, ramps, and uneven floors or surfaces as needed.
- The ability to have close visual acuity to perform repetitive visual checking, counting, spotting minor defects, determining the accuracy of numbers, and package.
- The ability to smell and taste.