About the position
The Dishwasher and Prep Cook will be responsible for washing dishes and cleaning various spaces and equipment to maintain a clean, comfortable, functional, and friendly environment for both our commissary and cafes. They also support food preparation for our bakers and cooks.
- Wash and sanitize kitchen equipment, small wares, and utensils.
- Clean, sanitize, sweep, and mop the kitchen area.
- Refill and restock ingredients as necessary.
- Execute food production, carefully preparing seasonal and high-quality ingredients with integrity, including but not limited to slicing, chopping, sauteing, roasting, and other food preparation and cooking forms.
- Portion, package, and pack out our culinary creations with incredible care and attention to detail, ensuring that deliveries match retail orders and meet deadlines.
- Support your teammates in keeping the kitchen running smoothly by communicating with your team and pitching in wherever is needed (including both savory and pastry assistance).
- Always work cleanly, keeping your station and equipment in tip-top shape.
- Be able to walk, bend, and stand for extended periods.
- Reliable and consistent—your teammates can always depend on you to be punctual and professional.
- Thoughtful and able to anticipate our guests’ needs.
- Excited about taking on new experiences and possess a can-do attitude.
- Passionate about coffee, food, and creating inclusive hospitality experiences.
You'll need experience with
- A thorough understanding of how to safely, responsibly use and clean equipment.
- A deep love for food, exceptional customer experiences, and great coffee.
- Basic math and writing skills.
- The ability to stand, walk, and sit for long periods (at least 8 hours per day and five days per week).
- The use of hands to handle or feel and the ability to reach with hands and arm.
- The ability to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The ability to squat, bend, twist, and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders.
- The ability to lift, push/pull, carry or move up to 30 kilos.
- The ability to listen and speak.
- The ability to climb ladders, stairs, ramps, and uneven floors or surfaces as needed.
- The ability to have close visual acuity to perform repetitive visual checking, counting, spotting minor defects, determining the accuracy of numbers, and package.
- The ability to smell and taste.