About the position
Do you have a passion for creating sweet and savory desserts? Everyday Coffee Roasters is looking for a pastry chef to join our team and craft a variety of delicious pastries and other goods. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in pastry making and able to develop new and tasty recipes for Everyday Coffee's menus.
- Create and prepare recipes for a wide range of goods, such as cakes, cookies, and pies.
- Develop new and exciting desserts for our fixed menu and seasonal menus.
- Meet with clients to discuss custom-made desserts and pastries for special occasions, such as weddings and birthdays.
- Ensure the pastry section of Everyday Coffee’s kitchen adheres to all safety and health regulations.
- Identify staffing needs, and supervise and train new pastry assistants and bakers when necessary.
- Create various pastries and other confections by following recipes.
- Decorate pastries using a variety of different icings and toppings.
- Order new supplies, ingredients, and equipment for the kitchen’s pastry section.
- Prepare ingredients and handle baking equipment.
- Create and design custom-made desserts and pastries according to client specifications.
- Monitor the stock of baking ingredients and equipment.
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, or relevant field.
- Extensive knowledge of baking and pastry-making techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles and food preparation standards.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to provide clear instructions to other members of the pastry staff.
- Excellent communication skills and an enthusiasm for teamwork.
You'll need experience with
- Artistic skill in decorating desserts.
- Baking with ingredient limitations, such as gluten-free and sugarless pastries.
- Familiarity with a range of baking and other kitchen equipment.
- A flexible schedule and able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.